Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Who Said Treadmilling Wasn't Fun?

OMG! So I committed to walking on my treadmill for 20 minutes every morning this week and I have stuck to it so far. It has been fairly easy, no kid interruptions...just my iPod, a sad looking dog and lots of sweat. Well today was a little bit different. Let me set up the scenario for you all. My treadmill sits right next to the window. The sun shines through the window. As I walked, my arms swung back and forth. All of a sudden, I notice my 9 month old kitten watching the carpet intently...watching my shadows. So what do I do? You got it..I start wiggling my fingers. And so for 20 full minutes, my stupid kitten chased the shadows of my fingers and flopped all over the carpet trying to catch them the whole time while I was on the treadmill. I could not stop laughing. I almost fell off TWICE. Such entertainment!

I didn't get a chance to write yesterday because I was BEAT! I was completely exhausted. I can't remember the last time I worked a "paying" job (well 2 paying jobs) for 6 hours in one day. Plus handled most of my Mom and house duties. It was a little tough on me. I will eventually get used to it. I have a LOT of energy. Always have, always will.

Yesterday I received an e-mail from a friend telling me that how much they appreciated my help with some stuff I had done. As a Mom, I generally do not get told thank you very much. It is nice to be told that I am appreciated once in awhile and it really meant a lot to me. Of course there is the "usual" thank you luncheon, etc. But this was out of the blue and I was very surprised and touched. So thank you for that.

I think I'm going to tear out my beautiful geraniums today (which will break my heart because they are still growing like mad) and put my Fall decorations in. But the leaves are starting to freeze and they don't look THAT fabulous. So wish me luck as I sit outside and cry while I tear my flowers out of their pots and replace them with scarecrows and fall colored leaves.

Hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday!
XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment