Saturday, October 3, 2009

My First Blog!

So I've been told by many many people that I should start a blog because they think my life is just hilarious. I'm not sure how hilarious it really is. It is just "my life!" Do I make it "sound" hilarious or is it just the way life is? Or is it how I tend to look at it? Life is so short that we should look at things in a funny way so that we can get through things just a "little" bit easier.

Within the past year, I've become a huge Facebook addict. I can't get off of it. I post my status update 4-6 times a day. I like to keep my family & friends in the loop of what is going on with the Taylors. Why do I do this? Do they really care what is going on? Do I want them to care? Or do I do it so that I don't have to sit down in December and write a long, dreaded boring Christmas letter telling the world what we've been up the past 12 months? Things just seem much more fun on a daily basis!

We do a carpool system with one of our neighbors so that we don't have to drive to the school 3 times a day EACH. One morning right before school, Gary had the neighbor kids in the car and 3 out of 4 of ours in the car. We were having a huge altercation with Michael because he lost his regular hoodie and refused to wear his winter jacket. Mind you, it was FREEZING cold outside. So Gary had to chase him all around the cul-de-sac, tackled him in the garage finally, threatened to leave him at home, and finally got him in the car so they could get to school on time. Now tell me, how would I put that hilarious story in a Christmas letter that we all got so many laughs out of? My point being, I LOVE Facebook. I love sharing little pieces of my life with my friends and family. I love sharing my humor. I love sharing my outlook & joy on life.

I have had numerous comments from friends about how they get on their computer daily just to see what I have written on Facebook because it makes them laugh. I have been encouraged by many people to write a blog. Holy crap...even write a book! Now, that is NUTS! Not so sure about that. But I'm going to try this blog for awhile. I think it will help me reach some of my goals (emotionally, mentally, as well as physically) and it will keep my rear-end off of Facebook for awhile!

As I'm writing this, Gary is sitting on the couch watching the Rockies and I can hear Michael crying saying "I'm bleeding." All I hear Gary say is "don't bleed on the couch" as he sits there continuing to watch the game. WOW. Now, how do I share this without other people laughing with me? Drama or reality? You pick?

I have this really cool new job at Lifetime Fitness that I am just in love with. Tomorrow is the first day that I have to work from 7:00 am - Noon. I have not had to be at a "job" at 7:00 am in the past 10 years. I think it just MAY kill me. So off to bed I go.

I'm new at this "blog" thing so bear with me. I want it to be encouraging, lift you up, lift ME up, make me think of ways to better myself by writing down my goals....and hopefully bring a smile to someones face during the day.

Peace Out Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment