Sunday, October 4, 2009

Who Said Sunday Was a Day for Rest????

I DID IT! I got up at 6:00 am! If you know one ounce of information about me, you know that I am NOT a morning person. I will sleep until 11:30 am if you let me. With no problem. I am like a teenager. I could stay up all night long and sleep all day long. But since the kids have started school, I have made huge strides to switch that up and now I am on track of getting up at 7:30 am during the week and possibly a few minutes later during the weekends.....except for Sunday's! Grrrrr! Just kidding!

When I got to work at Lifetime this morning, there were actually people working out. Working out HARD! Holy cow I thought to myself. Were they still drunk from the night before? How were they doing this? I could barely find my way to the office to get my radio! People are pretty darn nice in the morning. Which actually made it easier for me to be nice in the morning. I was not as grumbly as I usually am. On the way out of my house, I made a quick cup of coffee with my fancy new Keurig coffee machine and I was out the door in a flash. I think I frightened the dog and two kitties because they are NOT used to seeing me this early in the day! It was kind of nice. :)

About 1/2 through my shift, my family came in to visit me so I could show them what I do. They were ecstatic to see me, hugged me, smiled...acted like they hadn't seen me in YEARS. They asked me with their eyes wide open if I was allowed to go "anywhere" I wanted to at Lifetime. As if there are secret doors, etc. It was really kind of cute. Then they started to touch all of the things I just cleaned up and that is when I had to kick them out. That was it....off to the turf to play with Dad.

Came home, took a nap. Ignored the Broncos because I'll be honest, I really don't care. Never claimed to be a huge sports fan (only claim to be in love with Joe Sakic and his class act). The only sport I am truly addicted to is watching Mitchell play baseball....now THAT is fun stuff! I mean, I hope the Broncos win...that means that everyone (especially Gary) is in a good mood in the house. But if not, life goes on...I don't get too wrapped up in that stuff.

Anyways, I hope you all have a fantastic week...my main goal for this week is to walk on my treadmill for 20 minutes a day. IN THE MORNING. Every single day. That may not seem like a lot to some people, but to me, it is a start. And I can do it....I KNOW I CAN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment